Organize your products into departments
- Parent Category: Catalog menu
- The 'Categories' page contains the 'refine' pattern which allows you to refine categories by the following parameters:
- Category Name;
- You can change the language of categories to display using top navigation
- You can view subcategories of any category by click on View button in the Subcategories count column or using Categories dropdown in the top of page or click by on blue arrow near each category image (only if this catgory has subcategories)
- You can sort categories by Category Name, Sort Order, Status, Products count, Subcategories count
- You can ON/OFF or change Sort Order quickly in the categories grid.
Category Status: MUST be "ON" for category to appear in your store. Category status allows you to disable the category from being showed on your site without having to delete it.
Parent Category: Here you can set the category you are currently adding to be a subcategory of another
Category Name: this is link you want to appear in the Categories InfoBox.
Description: category descriptive text you want to appear on the storefront
note: This uses the HTMLEditor so you can add HTML, images and FLASH content.
Also you can fill/edit the following fields:
Meta Tag Keywords: is supposed to be a brief and concise list of the most important themes of your page. Meta Tag Keywords are used by search engines to describe the content of your web site.
Meta Tag Description: a brief and concise summary of your page's content
SEO Keyword: try to keep a short but keyword rich URL when the 'Use SEO URL's' enabled on Your store. Removing stop words like "the", "and", "for" etc. The SEO Keyword is important for the proper indexing of your online store by the various search engines.
Stores: If you use multiple stores, select the stores for this category to appear.
Sort Order: Sort Order set's the order of which the category will be displayed amongst others in the same parent category.
Image: in order to set an image for your category simply click on the "Plus image" and a popup will appear allowing you to upload a picture you like from your local computer or set a pre-existing one which is already uploaded in the images directory of AbanteCart.
Layout section: Select a layout override to change the look and feel of this category. Read more about Layout in this chapter
After you have made your changes, select the SAVE